...which is not a fish

Friday, April 27, 2007

Is that a bell tolling?

Karma can be a real bitch sometimes. I was driving home one night and there was this guy tailgating me and using his highbeams all along the freeway entrance. He finally zipped out and went flying down the road.

A bit later, I was passing an exit and his car was upside down in the ditch. Yes, emergency crews were already there (its fairly close to a hospital).

Our young taraxacum officiale looserius has been having a bad week.

To wit:

  • foreclosure of the last property;
  • car gets vandalized, stereo and sub ripped out;
  • oh, and the car was not insured - cancelled due to non-payment;
  • eviction notice from the "landlord" saying he needs to pay two months of back "rent" and utilities, and prepay two more months "rent"

Rob made a really good comment today:

Damn criminals. Dontcha just hate it when they do illegal things and end up costing you money?

That, dandelion, is karma.

8 comments:

Akubi said...

Since we've been chatting on the other blogs, I won't repeat that KC "stuff" but I think it is interesting that the regular Dawg Packs have “names” beginning with the similar letters - currently thinking A and S. Hmm, there seem to be approximately twice as many S's than A's, so what might that represent?
P.S. Perhaps you might consider “keeping it organic” and disabling the word verification default? Blogger makes it quite difficult to decipher an l from a 1 and I have 20/20 vision - not to mention several POOLs much BIGGER than Nigel’s and don’t suffer from hair loss:)

Schnapps said...

A and S are some of the most common letters in English word-building (I think only "E" surpasses them). Not surprising.

And as for the captcha, I'm used to wordpress and its not nearly as good at catching spam. The captcha is handy for that. Blogger's captcha is sort of annoying when they use that nasty arial-bold-extra wide. I'll see what I can do about it, but I'm rather loathe to drop it.

Sprezzatura said...

I despise captcha verification, but for sites like Blogger that don't have good spam-fighting tools, it's rather necessary.

Sprezzatura said...

By the way, most common letters in English: E, T, A O, N -- in that order. S is probably a close runner-up.

T said...

Upside down in a ditch, you say? Damn. Talk about instant karma.

PS: I just found your blog right now, Schnappy. G'mornin!

Schnapps said...

Hey, look! It's the wonderful T!

Yeah, I set it up not too long ago to talk about horticulture. :)

Or something :)

Akubi said...

Hey, T is back! Good to see you again.

Akubi said...

BTW, Schnapps and Sprezz, I thought the letters A-S-S in relation to Casey were simply humorous.