...which is not a fish

Friday, June 1, 2007

And look at what I miss...

...when I dash out to Staples to return a file box that broke on me when I opened it. Yet another fraudcast.

I haven't listened to it, but sources say that young snowflake was doing this without his wife's knowledge.

BAD Snowflake! BAD!

At any rate, I promised a hypothesis on why he is like he is (and I now have a margarita so the creative juices are flowing and well-libated) (yes, its a word now. Hyphenated).

Many people have said that he suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). The Mayo Clinic (why does that always make me think of sandwiches and potato salad) summarizes NPD as


a serious emotional disturbance characterized by a grandiose, or extremely exaggerated, sense of self-importance. Individuals with this disorder lack empathy for other people but need constant admiration from them

(And I do apologize for formatting in advance. I still can't figure this out.)

Many opinions of snowflake have focused on the first (exaggerated sense of self-importance), or the second (lacking empathy particularly IRT to his wife, and later on his family after his brother lambasted him on a fraudcast).

I'm going to focus on the third: need constant admiration from [others].

We all know young snowflake needs constant admiration - why else start a blog about your escapades about how you're intending to change your ways? Few, however, have asked why he needs this admiration.

And this gets to what I like to call my "Supernanny Theory".

The show "Supernanny" (much better than Nanny 911, in my not so humble opinion) is based off a few premises:

  1. Change the behaviour of the parents and you change the behaviour of the child.
  2. Children misbehave because they crave attention and negative attention is better than no attention at all.
  3. Children misbehave because their parents don't give them the quality education they need in order to be successful human beings.

Now, I'm not saying Snowflake doesn't suffer from NPD. What I'm saying is that his parents more than likely had a role in the development of that issue.

And I postulate that Casey may be an attention-whore of whatever kind of attention is available because even negative attention is better than no attention at all.

And for that, I put at least some of the blame on his parents.

This doesn't mean that there's no way for Casey to pull himself out of his situation. He can't go around completely blaming others for his problems.

Despite what may or may not be true about this, I have three words for young snowflake: Suck it up, Princess.

2 comments:

Akubi said...

Murst!
BTW, I similar associations with the Mayo Clinic.

Akubi said...

While I attempted to loosen the reigns on the 6 Degrees of Casey Serin to Chairman Mao voting mechanism, Dumbfounded stuffed the ballot box!