...which is not a fish

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Supporterz cast?

I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my face. Not because I tweaked my back yesterday lifting someone and it hurts but because I'm listening to the so-called "supporterz talk-cast". And quite honestly, its the sort of thing that gives supporterz a bad name and makes them all look uneducated and moronic (more on this later, but for now its funny and worth the download).

The host, Tavington (who has become a quasi-regular over at EN) starts off with a fairly fromageux introduction that is supposed to mimic a "Newsflash! We interrupt this story...!"

Quite honestly. It. sounds. like. Captain. Kirk. Is. Narrating.

Oh! and did you know that The Governator comes from Australia? That's where he gets the German accent from! Really!

(and this is what I mean. Anyone with half a brain knows the governator is an AUSTRIAN hillbilly from a little town named Graz outside of Salzburg)

And then Tavington goes on to pimp Casey's autobiography. He can spell! He knows how to spell "foreclosure" AND (oh my heart is all atwitter) he knows how to type URLs!

And again, he calls Australia the land of the Governator. Idiot.

Separate vacations, blahdeblah. Onto the calls! And some SWEET MUSIC!

::plugs ears::

A sweet $5 prize (is that Australian dollars?) for lucky caller 1!

And they blame Galina. And the haterz, because none of this could possibly be Casey's fault.

Nope. None of it. He is, after all, a self-made man who is also an immigrant.

And the 9th circle of hell is too, too kind.

At any rate, my opinion on this? Its either true, or a fantastic troll.

UPDATE: In response to Ogg's request in the comments you can actually hear the supporterz-cast at Caseypedia. This is the link. (You have to clicky on the box on the right).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Sunday afternoon plans are in ruins thanks to the weather. Got a URL for that Supporterz-cast?

Schnapps said...

Entry is updated to include a link to it!

And why has no one commented on my new picture? I had to search icanhascheezburger long and hard to find that one!

::sigh::

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. As for the pic, honestly, I didn't even see it until you pointed it out. It's in the column on the right that's full of archive links and other stuff that I don't normally look at. I think there's an effect similar to ad blindness at work.

BTW, have you seen lolpresidents? (Warnings: It's Fark. Some images may be NSFW. You're likely to be offended by *something*. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Two minutes in and I already feel like going all Stephanie J on Tavington. I'm not sure if it's his irregular cadence, the obviously fake accent, or what.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Schnapps, but I don't think I can listen to the whole thing. It's the same problem I have with a lot of sitcoms -- I just have a hard time watching somebody make a complete ass of themselves. I can't cringe and laugh at the same time. Tavington's attempts to come off as sophisticated, upper-class, and wise in the ways of teh interblogz is particularly cringe-worthy.

No matter how he tries to present himself, he'll always be one of the koi polloi.

Schnapps said...

Oh, I'm just a bit petulant today. :> Either more wine or a nap is in order (hey, I'm positive its happy hour in Australia).

Had Partner listen to part of the Tavington thing; he had one comment, "That idiot is trying too hard."

And really, the whole Austria/Australia thing just about killed me. "Land of the Governator"? Really it just makes all the supporterz sound like idiots.

The lolpresidents was funny. I particularly enjoyed "ROFL? MAO!"

Thanks for pointing it out. :)